Tuesday 8 January 2013

How Neuropathy Can Feel For Many

Today's post from livewellthy.org (see link below) is short but to the point. This person has neuropathy caused by a trapped nerve in the spine (radiculopathy) and accurately describes how it can feel to suffer from severe neuropathic symptoms. In the beginning as the writer describes, it's easy to feel that you're going mad with these crazy symptoms but the sooner you go to your doctor with them, the quicker you will find out what's wrong with you. You may not end up being cured but at least you'll know what you're dealing with.

 
Neuropathy
Stewart B Segal, MD
LIVEWELLTHY.ORG:November 4, 2012

My legs on fire! Someone poured gas on my right leg and lit a match! At least, that’s what it feels like. No, my pants are not going up in flames, my skin is not blistering. And, no, I’m not going insane! I have a
neuropathy. The disc in my back is pressing on a nerve causing my body to lie to my brain.

Can you imagine what would be going through my mind if I did not know what was happening to me? I might think I was going crazy. I might even think I was possessed. I would think twice before telling anyone about my problem! Yet people suffer from neuropathies of all sorts everyday and fail to do anything about them.

If you are possessed by a neuropathy like me, experiencing numbness, tingling, burning pain,
cramping, twitching, weakness, or an assortment of other peculiar sensations somewhere on your body, see your doc. Most probably, you are not crazy.

There are many treatment options available depending on the cause of your neuropathy. Sometimes, a few weeks on an anti-inflammatory or a few days on a steroid will end your misery. Sometimes, a topical treatment will suffice. Sometimes, nothing short of surgery offers relief; and sometimes, you have to live with it.

What’s truly important is that you understand what is causing your symptoms and that means seeing your doc. Of almost equal importance is following the treatment plan your doc helps you design!

Be happy, live Wellthy!



http://livewellthy.org/2012/11/03/neuropathy.aspx






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome but advertising your own service or product will unfortunately result in your comment not being published.